ABOUT - QUICKTAB
Spurring Growth Since 1990
Leadership Putnam (LP) was created as the result of a joint task force put together by the Cookeville-Putnam County Chamber of Commerce consisting of Joe Albrecht, Jim Andrews and Al Enochs. LP was incorporated as a 501(c)(3) organization in 1990, and its first class graduated the following year. Since that time, LP has been a stand-alone entity operating on community partnerships, program tuition, and fund-raising events. In July 2015, the Cookeville-Putnam County Chamber of Commerce began administering and staffing LP.
Affecting Positive Change
Leadership Putnam (LP) provides in-depth seminars on a wide variety of community-related topics for its participants and challenges them to get engaged and affect positive change in Putnam County. Each year LP class members complete a series of projects aimed at meeting a need within the community and ultimately working toward improving the quality of life of our citizens.
boosting leadership potential
The purpose of Leadership Putnam is:
- To identify potential and existing leaders in business, government and elsewhere in the community and to help them prepare for voluntary community leadership roles.
- To provide these leaders with a practical and sophisticated understanding of major problems and opportunities facing the Putnam County area.
- To improve the communications network among leaders from disparate backgrounds and interests.
- To create a forum for persons of demonstrated commitment to the community to meet and exchange ideas.
- To stimulate increased leadership participation and commitment in the community.
Leading community improvement
A board of trustees and a steering committee oversee the operation of Leadership Putnam (LP). Steering committee members and alumni participate in committees that are responsible for alumni relations, program curriculum, participant selection, youth academy, fundraising, and continuting education.
LP is a not-for-profit corporation chartered in the State of Tennessee, existing solely on funds derived from tuition, corporate sponsors and fund-raising events.